This upgrade file works for the ZR08EN and ZR08EM POE NVR.
You can find your NVR's model number on the label at the bottom of your NVR.
If your NVR's label is lost, please go to NVR's Main Menu - Information - System to take a photo to us, we will send the correct upgrade file to you.
V1.7.4 Upgrade File Optimization Contents:
1. TUTK Library is updated to remove the restriction of playback function in mobile app under multi-user situation (Users can watch playback on multiple cell phones at the same time, solve the error "only one user can watch playback");
2. Updated 36D to fit C296-PTZ camera Four Preset Point Head;
3. Added IPC OTA Upgrade Method;
4. Added 2K Resolution for 3536D;
5. Modified the Position Offset of OSD Time Stamp of All Selected Channels.
You can follow up the guide below to upgrade the POE NVR:
1) You needn't open the upgrade file, please directly download the upgrade file and save them to your U-disk.
(Please save the upgrade file rootfs-3536dv100 in the root directory, not save them under any other folders.)
Note: to perform this process, you will want to use a USB 2.0 drive ideally 16 GB or less in size, formatted in FAT32.
Some customers have reported issues when downloading this file using the "Microsoft Edge" browser.
If the file was downloaded using the Microsoft Edge browser, this will cause the file to be converted to a text file, which can't be read by the NVR. We recommend using a different browser for this process.
In case it helps, here is a link to a Youtube video demonstrating the process:
If you're unfamiliar with how to format a USB in FAT32, this video provides the steps:
2) The file's name must remain exactly as listed in the article for the NVR to recognize them as an update.
They should be rootfs-3536dv100, if the file's name is changed to rootfs-3536dv100(1), the upgrade will be failed.
3) Before starting to upgrade, please unplug the power supply and mouse, then plug the U-disk and re-plug the power supply.
4) It can upgrade automatically as long as it has electricity, the upgrade process need to last several minutes, please be patient.
If the upgrade is successful, please go to the NVR’s Main Menu > Information > System to check if the firmware version and Launch date have changed.
If the upgrade is failed, we suggest you change another U-disk or USB port to try.
Please let us know if you have any questions:
Please sign in to leave a comment.