1) First, please make sure you have installed an internal hard drive inside your DVR / POE NVR / Wireless NVR.
The max hard drive size supported by our DVR is 8TB.
A. Our DVR / POE NVR / Wireless NVR can't support the external hard drive to record, and without a hard drive, it cannot record and playback.
B. Before recording, please go to DVR / POE NVR / Wireless NVR's Main Menu - Disk Management to format the hard drive.
C. Please tick the hard disk's ID, then click "Format" to format the hard drive. After formatting, please click "Apply" to save the setting.
2) If your DVR / POE NVR / Wireless NVR system without a hard drive, and you want to install your own internal hard drive, the below video is for your reference:
A. How to install hard drive?
B. How to format the hard drive:
If you want to turn off manual recording, and leave the DVR / POE NVR / Wireless NVR to record only when it detects motion, you can follow up the below steps to set up:
1) Please go to DVR / POE NVR / Wireless NVR's menu, click "Stop Record".
2) Please go to DVR / POE NVR / Wireless NVR's Main Menu - Setup - Alarm - Motion Detection to enable the channel you want to set up motion detection, and edit the area for the channel.
3) Please go to DVR / POE NVR / Wireless NVR's Main Menu - Setup - Alarm - Motion - Trigger - To record to check whether you enabled the record.
4) Please go to DVR / POE NVR / Wireless NVR's Main Menu - Setup - Schedule - Motion to check if all channels were covered with blue. If yes, you needn't change it.
5) You will find a yellow icon and red man on the channel that you set up to motion detection record.
To find your motion detection recordings, access the Search menu, select the Event Search option from the top of the menu, pick the day you'd like to search using the calendar option, and ensure that only the "Motion" option is selected.
More information on the Event Search option can be found here:
SEARCH > EVENT SEARCH
Search the times of recorded events. Schedule, Motion, Video Loss, Power Loss, or Screen Grab events.
To locate a specific event:
1. Select a date on the calendar with the mouse. Dates with recorded events will have a blue square around them.
2. Select the channels you want to search using the checkboxes below the calendar. Selected channels will be marked with a check.
3. Ensure the Motion option is checked. Other potential Events include Power Loss and Video Loss events.
4. Select the search button in the top right corner. The list will populate with events from your chosen date with information regarding the start time, end time, and event type.
5. Double click on the event you wish to view. You will be taken to Live View where you can watch your recorded footage.
Please let us know if you have any further questions:
Support Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ZosiTechnology/
Support center: email@example.com