Customize settings for motion detection alarms and recording.
1. Channel List: List of available channels.
2. Enable: Enable motion detection for the specified channel.
3. Holding Time: The time, in seconds, that the channel will record after detecting motion before resolving the video recording. If it continues to detect motion during that time, it will treat it as part of the same recording and continue the recording until no motion has been detected for the Holding Time.
4. Trigger: Select the ”Setting” button to set up Alarm and “To Record” functions. See Below
5. Area: Select the “Setting” button to set up an area for motion detection. See Below
Use the bottom row to manage all channels.
Trigger > Setting
Additional options that can be trigger when motion is detected.
1. Buzzer: Select whether you want a buzzer alarm to sound from the DVR when motion is detected during the determined times.
2. Show Full Screen: Select whether a specific channel appears on your monitor when this motion sensor has been triggered.
3. To Alarm Out: This feature is not supported by this device.
4. Email: Select whether an an email alert is sent when the motion sensor has been triggered.
5. Snap: Select whether a snapshot of the screen is recorded once the motion sensor has been triggered.
Trigger > To Record
Select which additional channels will start recording when motion is detected. To enable this feature ensure a check mark is in the box beside the channel that you would like to record. Select “OK” to save changes.
Trigger > To PTZ
This feature is not supported by this product.
Area > Setting
How to Set Up a Motion Grid
A motion grid can be helpful for when you want to specify the area in which motion detection is enabled. By default the entire frame will be tracked for motion. Setting up a more specific motion detection area can be helpful for reducing false alarms, caused by things like passing cars or other public activity.
All areas covered by the grid are actively detecting motion. By default, all cameras detect 100% of their field of view out of the box.
To reduce the area covered by the grid, click and hold the left-button on the mouse and drag over the area where you want to stop detecting motion.
As you can see above, the roadway has been removed from the motion detection area, so now cars driving down the road will not trigger any motion detection recordings or alerts.
Select the “Save” icon to save your changes.
The options on the bar, from left to right are:
1. Sensitivity Slider: Determines how much movement in the camera’s image will trigger motion detection. A higher sensitivity value will require more significant movement to trigger motion detection.
A sensitivity of 1 will be the most sensitive and require the least amount of movement to trigger motion detection.
2. Select All: The entire screen is sensitive to motion detection
3. Select None: Removes the Grid. None of the screen is sensitive to motion detection
4. Test Sensitivity: Click and drag across the screen to simulate movement and ensure your sensitivity settings will pick movement.
5. Save Settings: Select to save any changes to your sensitivity or motion grid settings.
6. Close Menu: Closes the Sensitivity Menu. Right click on the mouse to restore the menu.