1. How to choose power supply for CCTV camera?
1) When choosing a power adapter, be sure to get one that supports the voltage and amperage ratings for your cameras.
2) The power supply should be provided with lightning protection, leakage protection measures and safety grounding.
3) Please do not connect multiple devices to the same power adapter. The power supply voltage may be unstable due to voltage attenuation. If the load of the adapter is exceeded, excessive heat may be generated and cause a fire.
2. What problems are caused by insufficient power supply?
1) Security cameras continuously switch between day and night modes.
2) Images captured by infrared cameras appear blackish.
3) Water ripples occur on video images.
4) Cameras restart repeatedly.
3. What is Power over Ethernet (POE)?
Power over Ethernet (POE) is a technology that lets network cables carry electrical power.
For example, a digital security camera normally requires two connections to be made when it is installed:
- A network connection, in order to be able to communicate with video recording and display equipment
A power connection, to deliver the electrical power the camera needs to operate
However, if the camera is POE-enabled, only the network connection needs to be made, as it will receive its electrical power from this cable as well.
Note: PoE power supply is a POE IP camera function, and analog cameras have no PoE function.
POE power supply mode: Idle pin (4578) and signal pin (1236) are used for power supply. Both of these two power supply modes are used in the field environment whether it is a 100M or Gigabit network. As for the choice of power supply mode, it is determined by the power supply terminal equipment.
4. Can I plug PoE camera into router?
Yes, you can connect the PoE switch to your router using a Cat5E or Cat6 Ethernet cable up to 300ft (92m) in length, and you can connect the IP cameras up to 300ft (92m) from the PoE switch. This allows you to simplify the cabling for your installation.
Please let us know if you have any questions.
Our Whatsapp: +1-866-841-6932
Support Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ZosiTechnology/
Support center: email@example.com