Applies to: All Zosi NVRs
Description of the problem: HDD has no recording at all or HDD has no recording since a certain date.
Cause 1: HDD is not connected properly
1. Please check whether the status light of HDD on the NVR front panel is on/off.
2. If it is off, please power off the NVR and open the NVR housing,you can check the below video here:
Cause 2: HDD is not recognized
- Check to use the original HDD, or ensure use the HDD with required specifications. Please refer to https://supports.zositech.com/hc/en-us/articles/234712147-What-type-of-hard-drive-can-be-used-with-Zosi-DVRs-or-NVRs-
- Power off the NVR and open the NVR housing,you can check the below video here:
- Restart the NVR
Cause 3: HDD is full and will not record
Please help check whether the HDD auto overwrite has been enabled. Please refer to
If the HDD can't overwrite, please contact Zosi support.( please record some pictures for the recycle settings and some relevant videos. )
Cause 4: The recording and recording schedules are not set correctly
Please check the recording setting and recording schedule of each channel.
Please refer to:
1. Be sure to unplug and plug the HDD after power off the NVR.
2. If you check that the HDD status is 0GB or not format, please contact Zosi support.
If you have questions on how to keep your DVR’s temperature in the safe zone, please feel free to contact us.
Please sign in to leave a comment.